Copacabana COELP 41976
Finally some democratic tendencies appearing on the latest album by our new acquaintance Negrão dos 8 Baixos.
By coincidence, democratic elections for the President of the Republic of Serbia have just started with more than just the usual craziness accompanying this event.
The function of President is, according to the Serbian Constitution just protocolar and wields no power at all, contrary to the function of Prime Minister whose power is absolute, especially if his party has a majority in the Parliament.
Our current Prime Minister, Aleksandar Vučić, has three more years of absolute power with a comfortable majority in Parliament ahead as elections for Parliament were held recently, yet he is now also a candidate for President, with a plan to install a puppet Prime Minister at his place so that he can become formal President and stay factual Prime Minister at the same time.
To me it does.
Don’t let this horror story distract you from enjoying true democracy advertised in:
01. Te Levo Comigo (Zé Duarte / André Araújo)
02. Xenhenhem (Luis Moreira)
03. A Instrumentista (Durval Vieira)
04. Bete Meu Amor (Bráulio de Castro / André Araújo)
05. Tem Dó de Mim (Bráulio de Castro / Dodé / Moskemberg)
06. O Mistério das Estrelas (Missinho)
Brincar Com Meu Amor (José Orlando / Tato Júnior)
Banho de Cheiro (Carlos Fernando)
07. Cangapé (Gereba / João Bá)
08. Conversa Fiada (Cesário Silva / André Araújo)
09. Se Ela For Embora (Cesário Silva / André Araújo)
10. Abc da Vida (Cesário Silva / Mardonyo)
11. Forró É Assim (Kim de Oly / André Araújo)
12. Saudade Não Mata Ninguém (Alcymar Monteiro / André Araújo)
13. Forró Democrático (André Araújo)
Créditos: Pedro & 300discos