Copacabana CLP 3078
A short text about Heleninha Costa written by Edson Mendes:
Heleninha Costa was an authentic Radio Queen, although she didn’t win this famous contest and was not so popular as Emilinha, Marlene and Angela Maria.
She was born in Rio de Janeiro, but started her artistic career in 1938 at Radio Clube de Santos and then was contracted by great radio stations from São Paulo. She started to record in 1940 at Columbia and later record many discs for Continental, RCA, Todamerica, Sinter and other recording companies.
Coming back to Rio, she became a star on Cassino Quitandinha and Cassino da Urca, besides one of the main artists of Radio Mayrink Veiga and Radio Nacional. In 1953 she married Ismael Netto, a great composer and leader of Os Cariocas vocal group.
Today her recordings are very difficult to find and she is almost forgotten as many other great artists from the past.
Heleninha died in 2005 at the age of 81.
The 8 songs of this 10′ Lp:
1. Desespero (Eduardo Patané / Floriano Faissal)
2. Quero Dizer-te (Vicente Paiva / Luis Iglesias)
3. Valsinha do Amor (Lúcio Alves / Reinaldo Dias Leme)
4. Sinfonia do Samba (Vicente Paiva / Luis Iglesias / Walter Pinto)
5. Juca (Haroldo Barbosa)
6. Eu Já Disse (Lúcio Alves)
7. Amor Brejeiro (Y. Alain / P. Saka / Vrs. Antônio Maria)
8. O Rio Amanhecendo (Ismael Netto / Antônio Maria)
Créditos: Edson Mendes